Benefits of a Whole House Water filtration System
Introduction – What is a whole house water filtration system?
A water filtration system filters all the water in your household, including water in bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchen. It is, therefore, the most, convenient and beneficial because once installed in the main water supply, it ensures consistent water quality in all the rooms in your house.
- Heavy Duty water filtration systems: this is the highest performing impurity removing system employing a large amount of filter media. You only put the media in your water tank, and it will provide you with specific contaminant protection for as long as ten years before necessitating the replacements.
- Standard Capacity Water Filtration Cartridge: the cartridges are put in durable filter enclosures enabling the system to filter contaminated water entire home water treatment The filters are usually smaller compared to heavy duty systems. This type of water filtration systems, therefore, needs replacement every year.
Specific benefits of various Water Filter methods
- Reverse Osmosis: It reverses the water’s natural flow and instead channels the water through a specially designed semipermeable membrane. This filtration method conserves water.
- Carbon Filter: This method contains activated carbon which works by trapping impurities in the pores of positively charged and hence highly absorbent filters. It is most effective in removing chemical tastes and odors
- Distillation: Distillers boil water to boiling point before collecting the steam as the water condenses leaving behind contaminants. Since some contaminants can turn to gas form, to avoid such contaminants remaining in water even after filtration, most filtration systems combine this method with other methods such as carbon filtration method.
Benefits of a whole house water filters
1. Cleaner safer water throughout your home
With a whole house water filtration system, you are sure of clean and safe water emerging from each and every water source in your home. You will, therefore, have filtered water for laundry, cleaning, showering and cooking. Having filtered water in every room is particularly beneficial for the elderly and children, as well as any other person with a deficient immune system.
2. Eliminate chances of contaminants entering our bodies
Many people think it is only important to filter drinking water and hence only filter water emerging from the kitchen sink. However, water enters our bodies through several other ways. When we wash our hair, bathe and brush teeth, pores in our skin absorb contaminants in the water. For this reason, investing in a whole-house water filtration system is the only sure way of eliminating chances of toxins entering our bodies.
3. Ease of installation and maintenance
Installing and maintaining a whole house water filtration system is very easy thanks to the fact that you always water from the source. You, therefore do not have to install water filters in every room in your home. You not only install, but also maintain one single water filter. Replacement filters are also readily available in the market.
4. Very effective
Whole house water filtration systems filter water at low temperatures. Hence, they lead to an effective removal of chlorine, pollutants, odors, harmful chemicals as well as particles as small as five microns. They also, reliably condition water in your entire home leaving behind no chemical smell or taste in your water.
5. Help Appliances last longer
Water filtration systems extend the life of water-using appliances such as water heaters and the plumbing systems. Eliminating minerals and lime from water reduces breakdown rates of such appliances reduced. You will, therefore, not have to maintain and service your water-using appliances often.
- Find out the most common contaminant(s) in your water. Choose the filtration systems that best remove the contaminant. It is advisable to buy a system that combines several filtration methods.
- Buy an NSF certified filtration system. Such systems bear NFS seal and indicate that the system has been independently tested and found to remove all the contaminants its manufacturer claims it removes.
- Pay attention to ease of maintenance of a system. Buy a system that will not always require a professional to maintain so as to cut down on maintenance cost
Whole house water filtration systems remove contaminants from your water enhancing the pH balance, texture, and safety of water emerging from every water source. The fact they are also easy to install and maintain means they are suitable for everyone. They also make water-using appliances last considerably longer.